Residence permits in Latvia, which are issued to foreigners as investors, are arranged by carefully assessing the client’s situation and wishes. Below are our solutions for obtaining a residence permit in Latvia based on investments.
Real estate investment
The value of real estate purchased for a residence permit must exceed EUR 250,000. Properties that include agricultural land and forests are not considered eligible for a residence permit. The cadastral value of the real estate must be at least 80,000 EUR. Investors who are not citizens of EU / EEA countries and apply for a residence permit in Latvia for the first time must pay a fee of 5% when registering the property.
Investment in the company’s share capital
- The investor makes an investment in the share capital of the capital company in the amount of at least 150,000 EUR, provided that the company employs not less than 50 employees and the company’s annual turnover exceeds 10,000,000 EUR.
- The investor invests in the share capital of the capital company in the amount of at least 35,000 EUR, provided that the company employs no more than 50 employees and the company’s annual turnover does not exceed 10,000,000 EUR. During the financial year, the company makes contributions to the state and local government budgets in the amount of not less than 40,000 EUR.
Deposit in a credit institution.
- The investor has entered into a long-term (not less than 5 years) deposit agreement with a credit institution registered in the Republic of Latvia and the amount of the deposit agreement is not less than EUR 280,000. When applying for a residence permit on this basis for the first time, the investor must make a contribution to the state budget in the amount of EUR 25,000.
- The investor purchases securities (special purpose) with a nominal value of EUR 250,000. When applying for a residence permit on this basis, the investor must make a contribution to the state budget in the amount of EUR 25,000.
- 10 EUR – Call confirmation.
- 100 to 500 EUR – Examination of documents submitted for requesting a temporary residence permit. Depending on the desired processing time.
- 29 EUR – Insurance.
- 500 EUR – DSSLegal service costs. Each subsequent family member – 150 EUR