Key aspects of the food company approval process:
- Approval of FVS must be carried out by companies involved in the production and processing of products of animal origin and storage of unprocessed products of animal origin;
- For the approval of a company in the FVS must be submitted a completed application, which must be accompanied by an inventory plan of the premises, a land boundary plan and a lease agreement or a document certifying property rights, as well as a copy of the applicant’s identity document;
- The FVS assesses the company’s readiness for approval within 20 days.
- A FVS approval report is prepared and a corresponding decision is made on the temporary recognition no. granting or refusing.
- 3 months from the moment of approval, the FVS assesses the company’s compliance with the work with the production, processing and storage of unprocessed animal products.
- When starting the approval process, it is important to follow the Requirements in the food chain (http://www.zm.gov.lv/partikas-un-veterinarais-dienests/statiskas-lapas/partikas-uzraudziba/prasibas-partikas-aprite?nid=2514#jump);
- The FVS is entitled to request documents certifying the right to use technical equipment and production facilities;
- Documents are submitted electronically by sending to e-mail or submitting to the portal www.latvija.lv. It is also possible to submit in person to the FVS territorial unit;
- The DSSLegal service includes:
- inspection of the documentation of the premises for their compliance with the recognition of the enterprise.
- filling in the application.
- communication with FVS.
- See the Price List (https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=260831) in the FVS depending on the type of company’s activity.
- 80 EUR DSSLegal service costs.
- Further service costs for DSSLegal’s participation in the company recognition process are determined after receiving the FVS report and decision.